As part of our Little Leafers Autumn Nature Study Class, I like to make a craft available each week.
Week two’s theme was snakes.
Button Snake Felt Craft
- buttons, one per student
- needle and thread
- Sharpie markers
- Cut one felt snake head shape per student.
- Cut a length of ribbon 7-10 inches long, one length of ribbon per student.
- Sew the felt snake head onto one end of the ribbon.
- Sew the button onto the other end of the ribbon.
- Cut out squares of felt, approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Cut a slit the size of the button into each square of felt.
- Draw a facial features onto the felt snake head with Sharpie markers.
- Slide the button through the slit in various felt squares, create a pattern if desired.